Sometimes, a writing team has a style guide or preferences that go beyond grammatical correctness. Sapling's Custom Errors feature can be used to enforce brand guidelines or a specific writing style for you and your team.
Individual settings can be managed at https://sapling.ai/custom_mapping
By default, Sapling will match errors in title case as well as all-caps.
For example, for the entry:
yoghurt -> yogurt
Sapling will also suggest:
Yoghurt -> Yogurt
YOGHURT -> YOGURT
For rules that are case-sensitive, make sure to check the "Case Sensitive" checkbox.
User and Team Errors
Individual Custom Error settings take precedence over Team settings.
Custom error mappings can be uploaded via CSV file format.
- There should be no header/field labels or an empty row
- The first column will be parsed as the "Error" field
- The second column will be parsed as the "Change To" field
- If the first column or "Error" is empty the row is skipped
- Select a file using the file picker.
- If necessary, check the "Case Sensitive" option for the upload
- Click the "Upload" button to upload the file.