As a writing assistant, Sapling is not only intended to help individuals and teams improve language quality, but also to save them time composing emails and messages.
Sapling saves time in a few ways:
- Copy editing your text: Sapling conservatively estimates the number of words you proofread by only counting the words in full sentences that you have never written before. We then divide that number by the industry standard copy-editing speed of 1500 words/hour.
- Autocomplete predictions: With Autocomplete Everywhere, Sapling saves you time typing. We incorporate the number of keystrokes saved and divide this by the standard typing speed of 200 characters/minute.
- Searchable snippets: Snippets allow users to much more quickly find knowledge information and canned messages and insert them into the current text field. Time saved for snippets is calculated by dividing the characters in snippets by the standard typing speed. We conservatively exclude the time saved on the information lookup.
- Chat Suggestions: Chat suggestions are team curated responses, so we include standard typing speed and copy-editing speed. Chat suggestions are delivered automatically, but we conservatively exclude the time saved on the information lookup.
You can access these statistics for teams on the team dashboard.
(We haven't even mentioned Sapling's keyboard shortcuts, which allows power users to go even faster.)
-  How Fast Can You Edit?
-  Copy Editing hourly rate
-  Productivity Rates in Editing
-  Average typing speed