As a writing assistant, Sapling is not only intended to help individuals and teams improve language quality, but also to save them time composing emails and messages.
Sapling saves time in a few ways:
- Copy editing your text: Sapling conservatively estimates the number of words you proof-read by only counting the words in full sentences that you have never written before. We then divide that number by the industry standard copy-editing speed of 1500 words/hour.
- Autocomplete predictions: With Autocomplete Everywhere, Sapling saves you time typing. We incorporate the number of keystrokes saved and divide this by the standard typing speed of 200 characters/minute.
- Searchable snippets: Snippets allow users to much more quickly find knowledge information and canned messages and insert them into the current text field.
- Chat Suggestions: Chat suggestions are team curated responses, so we add standard typing speed to copy-editing speed. Chat suggestions are served up automatically, but we conservatively estimate the time saved on the information lookup and response crafting to be 0.
You can access these statistics for teams on the team dashboard.
(We haven't even mentioned Sapling's keyboard shortcuts, which allows power users to go even faster.)
-  How Fast Can You Edit?
-  Copy Editing hourly rate
-  Productivity Rates in Editing
-  Average typing speed